Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Essay Bel 120 The similarity between the character in a novel and me



The novel I prefer to choose is Shakugan no shana written by Yashichiro Takahashi. A very popular novel that has been once top 10 for world ranking. The synopsis of the story begin when Sakai Yuji, a high school student, expected his very normal life to last forever. However, this expectation is quickly shattered one day while on his way home. The world suddenly freezes in time, leaving Yuji to watch in horror as blue flames engulf the people around him. Soon a monster resembling a large doll appears and begins sucking the flames into its mouth, until it notices Yuji. Surprised with Yuji's insusceptibility to the time-stop fuzetsu (fuzetsu mean seal), it jumps with glee. Just as the monster prepares to consume Yuji, a sword-wielding girl in black attire with flaming red eyes and hair appears, swiftly and confidently destroys the monster, before noticing Yuji moving freely. The girl calls herself a "Flame Haze" who hunts the "Denizens of the Crimson Realm"(denizen mean dweller) and the "Rinne (rinne mean transmigration of souls)" they send to do their bidding. When Yuji notices a soul alike in his chest, the Flame Haze tells him that the "real" Yuji died some time ago, and that he is a "Torch", a temporary replacement for erased humans. Torches take on the forms of those erased persons, but after a period of time, they will vanish from existence and the memories of the living. Unfazed by his apparent death, Yuji befriends the strange girl and names her "Shana" after her sword. The reason Yuji was able to move in the fuzetsu is that he is not a normal Torch, but instead a special kind called a "Mystes": he has a treasure inside him, known as a "Hougu", a device possessing special abilities of sorts, and an extremely valuable one at that. The hougu inside Yuji allows him to remain in existence rather than fading away like other torches. Shana resolves to protect Yuji from the Denizens, who would use the treasure to disrupt the balance of the world, and Yuji decides to join Shana in her fight.

My objective of this essay written was because I have many of similarity of my characteristic to the character in this light novel of Shakugan no Shana. The character that I choose as comparison of personalities is not a main character although it is main character was Shana herself, the character is Yuji Sakai. Because of his characteristic are innocently look physically, and had a great will that he want to become stronger for obligation himself. He was just feels a burden to let Shana as long if he is protected by her. On his thought, he has to do something not to just sit up and do nothing, but at least he was able to defend himself from any threatening. Other than that, he also dying tried his best to save his classmate (according to novel) from being threatened by enemies. He tried his hard as he can to reveal himself not to depend on his parents.

As for me, I am getting used to feel not to relying on my parent anymore for minor problem such as self management, although entering college as an adolescent should not be a problem at all. I will struggle hardly to reach my goals if needed and if there is some-thing that is really important to me, then I will put my soul to it until I get what I wanted as long as I felt responsible to it. On my thought, I will do anything it cost that can exchange with something I want until I get it. Other than that, I also felt like a burden myself to someone if I did not do anything to improve myself such as in studies, working and even health.

No comments:

Post a Comment